Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Sunday, September 10, 2006

When it rains, it pours

This has been an interesting weeked (but then again, when is a weekend not interesting to me?).
Last week ended with 4 kids throwing up either in my classroom or in the hall. I was down to 14 kids with the ones who had either puked in class or were already home sick. I spent Friday hoping that I wouldn't be next, and luckily, I've escaped the vomitting wrath so far. I feel sorry for the little ones puking all over, they are so cute and so sad when they get sick. I'm loving my class, they are going to be a fun and entertaining group.
On Friday night, our friends Erik and Michelle got married. It was a beautiful ceremony. They were supposed to get married outside which made me worried when it had been pouring rain all day. Luckily the rain let up and allowed the ceremony to be held outside with only a short delay. They looked very happy and it was all beautiful. I'm very happy for both of them and yes, jealous that they are in Hawaii for the next week. On the way home from the wedding I stopped to get gas in my mom's car while Chris filled up the Element a few gas things down. I got back in the car, saw some creepy guy walking towards the station, instinctually locked the doors (thanks to my drivers' ed teacher who always said to lock the doors even before you put on your seatbelt) and the creepy guy proceded to try to get in my car. He pounded on the window and tried to door handle and I slammed on the gas and squeeled away. I spent the next 30 minutes driving to my parents' house in complete shock. I was scared to death and crying hysterically/hyperventilating the whole way home. I needed Chris but my parents were the ones who sat and calmed me down when I got there. All I needed was a hug, and you can always count on your parents for that. Call me a baby or an overreacter, but it was, by far, one of the scariest moments of my life. I don't know if it was some drunk kid or some creep ball out for a good time, but either way, I thank God for the advice of my drivers ed teacher. That's a first for me, very very very scary and I'm sure it will make me paranoid for a long time.
Yesterday I woke up to pieces of ziplock bag on the floor -- turns out that my lovely golden turbo had decided to eat an entire plastic bag full of stickers. A year or so back, he ate a plastic bag of chocolate chip cookies. Back then, we rushed him to the vet, they made him throw up the bag, and told us that any later and he would've needed surgery. This time I freaked out, took him to the vet, and now he is on a Metamucil diet to make the stickers and bag "slide" through him. Eww. Yesterday was also spent in a marital tiff but ended with a tasty dinner at Pei Wei's near our old apartment. It's owned by P.F. Chang's but is faster and cheaper -- one of my new favorite places to eat. Today I got to use this miraculous floor scrubber contraption to revitalize our nasty kitchen floor. The thing has magical powers -- how it can take our ugly ugly floor and make it actually look decent is beyond me. I've been able to veg on the couch and get some knitting done while watching some cheesy movies that I haven't seen in a while. Next weekend is my brother's wedding and I'm very excited! I'm hoping they get the same weather luck that Erik and Michelle had -- Scott and Betsy's wedding is planned for outside and the weather people are forecasting terrential downpours for three days surrounding the wedding.
I wonder if next weekend will prove to be as interesting as this weekend... hmmm, I sure hope not...

1 comment:

FixieDave said...

EEEEwwww i am a simpathic puker so I could not have made it though the end of your week =)

Do you have a little peper spray on your key chian?

Good one on locking your doors!

Pei wei is yummy!