Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Thursday, August 02, 2007

When it rains, it pours

I can finally breathe.

Tuesday ended up being an incredibly productive day. I interviewed for a job and got it.

Later on Tuesday, I had my appeal hearing for my unemployment claim. They initially denied me based on the fact that I officially "resigned." In the appeal I explained WHY I resigned and made sure to emphasize the fact that I wouldn't have resigned had they not given me my "non-renewal" notice.

Today I found out that I won.

Today Chris and I let out a sigh of relief.

****

Last night our group rode Chimney Gulch -- a trail that goes up Lookout Mountain on mountain bikes. It was hard, for sure. One huge climb up a mountain and then one huge descent back down. Starting the ride with a headache didn't help the cause. My body wasn't feeling the ride, but I managed to make it up without too much complaining. Coming back down, the clouds had rolled in to darken the trail and I'm still sans contacts so I was also riding virtually blind. It was a little sketchy and there was a lot more complaining. I also crashed thinking a rock was a shadow and fell over (slowly) flat on my elbow and knee onto a huge rock. Today the knee is bruised and my shoulder is killing me. Other than that, no major damage. I'm mostly happy that I didn't damage my favorite Marmot wind shirt. That would've been very sad.

So things are good.

Life is coming together very quickly.

p.s -- thanks to Mr. Nice for the picture (only a slightly tipped helmet!). Happy almost-birthday! It was good to see you back on a ride!

p.p.s -- did I mention yet that I'm on a kickball team for the fall with a bunch of friends? It's going to be hillarious. Last night they figured out the team name -- The Ovulators. Hahahahahaha...

No comments: