Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Thursday, May 01, 2008

17.5 days and counting...


Gotta love the arrival of May (even though it snowed today).

17.5 days left of school with kids.

I love my class but they are ready for 2nd grade... and there are good reasons I don't teach 2nd grade.

Tomorrow starts a whirlwind of testing to see if I actually did my job this year. We'll see how that goes, seeing as I only have 10 kids who have been with me all year because of the grade level changes and everything. The rest have been with me for six months or less. Should be iiiiiinteresting.

In other news, I rode the 4th Cherry Creek time trial last night. I rode the 1st, in crappy snowy/rainy weather, skipped the 2nd because of a work obligation, and missed the 3rd with strep/flu. This week I rode despite being super dehydrated and five pounds lighter from a weekend of puking from the antibiotics the dr put me on. I felt remarkably good, even in the wicked wind, and turned a 32ish minute race -- four minutes faster than week 1 and only roughly a minute off of my personal best. Not too shabby.

The best part of the night?

Driving my car down.

It's so fun.

I am in love.

Aaaaaannnndd... my honey bought me some little additional goodies to put in the E, 'twil be fun when they arrive. Thanks honey!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Again, love the new E. It's fantastic looking!