Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Monday, June 30, 2008

Yes, yes, we are still alive...

Wow, haven't posted here in a long time!

Quick update:

*The trip to/from picking up Chris from Lima, Montana was pleasantly uneventful. I never knew Idaho was so pretty, so that was fun to drive through.

*Having Chris home has been great. After many conversations about what happened out on the trail, I am 100% sure that Chris made the right decision about his race. He's been doing a good job resting his sore achilles although he's itching to get back out for long rides. We have done a lot of relaxing, resting, eating, and decorating. We have started to fix up our basement and make it into more of a living space than the storage that it has been for the past few years. I'll take pictures and post them as we get more done. I love our time together and am so glad he's home.

*Yesterday was my first Winter Park cross country race of the year. It was an advertised "Just over 16 mile" race that, in reality, was closer to 19. Due to this discrepancy in distance, I timed my eating for 16 miles, and was basically bonked by mile 17. At this point the trail was pretty technical and I did not, stupidly, stop to eat something. I made silly mistakes that I will remember not to do next time. I got 4th in my Sport group, only 6 minutes behind my teammate who got 3rd. Considering that I think of her as a much stronger rider than myself, I was super happy with that. I will write more of a race report later, with pictures, as I have realized that looking back on these reports the following season is very helpful.

*Tomorrow Chris and I are hoping to attempt our first 14er of 2008. We will be setting out early to climb Mount Evans by foot with Turbo. Friday we will be summiting the same mountain via road bike with some friends. I'm pretty sure by the end of this week we'll be sick of Mount Evans!

2 comments:

FixieDave said...

cool have fun!


Say hey to turbo and scratch his tummy for me :)

JenyJo said...

so glad to hear that you guys are home and safe and happy ... and playing!!

congrats on the race, good luck on Mt. Evans x2 this weekend -- it will be lovely, i'm sure!!!

take good care of one another ... and tubro the super dog.

jj