Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ssssssssssick

Fever?  Check

Chills?  Check

Worst headache of my life?  Check

Cough/sniffling/sneezing?  Check

Aches?  Check

Softest of fabrics feel like sandpaper against my skin?  Check!  Yes, even synchilla.

Loss of will to live (at least for today...)?  CHECK

If this isn't the season's flu, I'm not sure what is.  

Ick.

Thanks to hubby for taking super good care of me and even sitting through hours of I Love Lucy and all of my complaining.  

Yes, I even complain more than little Peggy Ann McKay.  I hope hope hope I can go play on Saturday...

I Cannot Go to School Today!  
By Shel Silverstein

"I cannot go to school today"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay
"I have the measles and the mumps, 
A gash, a rash, and puruple bumps.

My mouth is west, my throat is dry.
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox.

And there's one more - that's seventeen, 
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut, my eyes are blue,
It might be the instamatic flu.

I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke.
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in.

My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My toes are cold, my toes are numb, 

I have a sliver in my thumb.

My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,

I think my hair is falling out.

My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-oh-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,

There's a hole inside my ear.

I have a hangnail, and my heart is...
What?  What's that?  What's that you say?
You say today is... saturday?

G'bye, I'm going out to play!"

3 comments:

Ali B. said...

Love that Shel! Hope you are well before the weekend!

JenyJo said...

Get better soon! jj

babyahlgrim said...

This was my favorite poem when I was little..... and I'm no a self proclaimed "hypochondriac" and nurse!! LOL!!