Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Wind beneath my wings

Today Chris (who has up the pictures since my blog doesn't seem to want to load them) and I raced in the Frostbite Time Trial up on a road on the side of I-25 near the Wyoming border. For once we got to sleep in a little before heading off to ride and then even had time for pancakes. YUM!

We knew the weather was supposed to be good, although the possibility of wind is always there when you have a flat piece of land near the mountains. It was windy. On the way out the wind was awesome. It was a cross/tail wind. I cruised along nicely. Then, after the turnaround, I suffered in the wind for the return trip. Wow. It was windy.

Overall it was great fun. Unfortunately for me, I woke up this morning sick AGAIN (darned children...). The race was hard with a plugged up head and it would've been nice to breathe through normal lungs instead of some that feel like they are full of sand. But I've been looking forward to the race and wasn't going to be forced to sit it out. I'm glad I went out and rode and now the next few days will be extreme resting to get over this. With spring break looming around the corner, I need to kick this one fast.

Now I'm napped and showered and ready to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the night.

In other good news -- I found out this week that I get to teach Kindergarten next year! I really like first grade but I LOVE kindergarten and I'm looking forward to a fun year working with the tiny ones. I can't believe it's March and I actually know what I'm doing next year. This is a major first. Makes me feel like a real grownup with a real job for once! Yay!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Score kinders! Good job today, you did great.