So... after coming home from school everyday, my creativity and motivation has been a bit lacking, so my blog has suffered.
Luckily, today is Saturday and I've done a whole lot of nothin' so I can catch-up and get back to my normal blogging.
Thoughts from the past few weeks:
* Chris came to help in my classroom this week and reinforced my belief that he is going to make an unbelievable teacher. The kids LOVED him and learned a lot from him in one short afternoon. Monday he'll be accompanying us to the pumpkin patch -- if he still wants to be a teacher after a field trip with a 26 crazy five year olds, we'll know he really wants it.
* Chris and I have had a few great after-work rides around the dogpark. Yesterday I put my pedals back on the single speed and found that my love for it has not diminished in my short hiatus. We went up and down one of the fun hills a few times and played around like little kids for an hour. It seems to be those rides where you're just not motivated to go that end up being the most fun. I need to remember that the next time I talk myself out of riding after a hectic day at work.
* We just turned on the heat for the first time this season. It's freaking cold. Now I'm toasty warm though.
* We've tried to go do White Rim in Moab the past two or three weekends and have been weathered out each time. After our Thanksgiving disaster last year, then us almost creaming a cow going there for Chris to ride on Spring Break, we're both a little weary of pushing any sort of luck in Canyonlands together. Perhaps next weekend will be nice...
* My kids at work are cute. And hilarious. And overall a rowdy bunch. We started the nutrition program up again last week (a local grocery store gives us the ingredients for nutritious snacks each week and the materials to make it with and we do a little cooking lesson with the kids each week). Yesterday we had sliced pears. After giving out the pears one girl shouted "Should we say a little prayer? Anyone?" (then when no one responded, she looked up to the ceiling and said...) "THANK GOD FOR THESE PEARS!" Haha. She made me laugh. The other kids looked at her like she had lost her mind. Haha. She's the one that, after asking me how to cut out a cirlce and I showed her, immediately turned away and said "That's an idea. I'm not sure it's a good one" and walked away. She kills me.
So, overall, you haven't missed much by my lack of blogging.
Hopefully now that I'm caught back up and I can get back to my regular blogging. I'm currently cleaning up our iphoto so that instead of a VERY SLOW program with 5,000+ photos, we can have one that actually runs efficiently and both of us can get back to normal picture blogs.
CHRISTOPHER: POST A NEW BLOG ALREADY. ENOUGH SLACKING SLACKER.
p.s: The difference between a friend and a best friend that you want to spend the rest of your life with? A friend will have coffee with you on Friday mornings, but a best friend will stick his nose purposefully in his whipped cream just to make you smile. I am the luckiest girl in the world. Hands down. I win.
p.p.s: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSIE!!!!! We can't wait to come see you some time soon hopefully. We both miss you!