Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Monday, December 11, 2006

Sick day

As of 3 am this morning, I called in a sub and declared today a sick day. Chris and I have both been fighting off a nasty cold -- although he's much better at declaring himself fine even if he feels terrible and it seems to work. I'm mostly a big whiny baby when I feel bad and that probably doesn't help me get better quicker. He's at work and I'm here trying to force myself to find something to eat for breakfast and it's already lunch time. Anyway...

We hosted the after-party for my staff Christmas party on Friday night. A few people stopped over and the whole night was fun. One of the teachers brought her little 5 month old Golden over to play with Turbo. Let's just say that Turbo looked a bit like Cujo by the time the night was finished:


And this was the vicious culpret:

Poor little guy was losing his teeth and ended up bleeding all over Turbo. It was funny to see two adorable goldens look like they had been in such a nasty fight! They loved each other and had a great time.

Well, that's about it. Time to force myself to eat and then lay on the couch. I better be feeling better tomorrow, with all of these planned out of town races of Christopher's (and a certain someone's wedding in February), I'm running dangerously low on days off. Maybe I'll get to puke in front of my students for a nice change. Hmmm....

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sorry you're still feeling sick love. Hope you and Cujo have fun relaxing today and trying to feel better.

Becky said...

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well Marnola. Get better soon, because you've got a fabulous vacation coming up to the most wonderful vacation destination....Holland Michigan!! :) We're looking forward to seeing you, so I hope that you heal up fast!