Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tagged

I've been tagged by the hubby! 5 things people probably don't know about me (although this is a little humerous because hubby is really the only person that reads and comments on my blog with any sort of regularity and I'm sure I would have to spend a long time to think of even one thing he doesn't already know about me):

1) I didn't get asked to my senior prom and my oldest brother knew how bummed I was so he invited me up to Boulder (where he was a junior in college) and he took me to a fancy dinner and drove me around Flagstaff. The night with him was much better than prom ever would've been. It's appropriate that he set me up with Chris less than a year later.

2) I've never had an ear infection, broken bone, or stitches. Up until recently, I hadn't ever even had an antibiotic.

3) I taught myself to ride a bike by sitting on a neighbor's bike and then riding away. My parents were so surprised that they put me in the car and went and bought me my first bike -- purple banana seat with basket in the front and tassels off the side. I was awesome.

4) I have 40something first cousins -- fully blood related too (I always use this one as "no one knows this about me" so I'm sure everyone knows this about me)

5) I was awarded a scholarship in college for appearing to be a promising elementary school teacher -- something I didn't apply for but was supposedly nominated for by some professor in college -- it would've been huge news except Chris proposed two days later and it got lost in the excitement. That was the greatest week ever.

P.S: I was soooooooooo cute (this was at my very first "bike race" -- darn 2nd place!)


Now I feel sad because I have no one to tag that hasn't already been there and done that. If you're reading this and haven't been tagged, consider yourself tagged.

5 comments:

FixieDave said...

Cool proms are over rated..... I was ditched twice =(

Anyhow Chris isn't the only one who reads your blog...

Simmons said...

I think Chris' Pugsley would look awesome with a purple banana seat, basket and tassels :)

Chris said...

Yea I'm not the only one! Sorry I showed up your free money earning. Hope it was worth it ;)

Becky said...

I never knew you were a biking guro at a young age...you were holding out on me!

Todd Plesko said...

Marni

I read your blog faithfully. I have an rss link to notify me about something new.

Todd