Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Everything's Coming Up Roses

I am now a quarter-century old. My birthday was wonderful, one of the best yet.

I went to work and was greeted by lots of hugs, 40 homemade birthday cards from each of my kids, and was sung to by both of my classes in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. It was VERY cute. One day I'll have to type of some of the funny comments from the birthday cards, they are so funny.

After school I knitted with some friends at work and then came home only to be greeted by Chris and 3.5 dozen roses. 14 red, 14 white, 14 pink. They are beautiful! We were going to go on a ride with some friends but a few wussed out due to the wind and we decided to wuss out ourselves in favor of dinner with my parents. We had a tasty meal with good company and then took Turbo on a walk in the dark. When we came back, we were pleased to hear a phone message saying that Chris's business trip the next day had been cancelled. I sat down and lost to myself in solitare as Chris frosted cupcakes for my class. Overall, it was a great day! Did I mention that I got some really nice new mountain bike shorts and jersey as well as a great creepy bunny squeaker for my bike? Becky -- it is very matchy matchy, I think you'll like it! I also got THE good book from my parents, great yarn for a baby sweater from mom #2, and lots of chocolate and a gift certificate to the yarn store from my teaching partner. Wohoooo! I can't wait to start all of my fun new knitting projects.

Chris is off on a bike weekend for the 3rd out of the last 4 weekends. I hate not having him here but know he is doing stuff that will make me worry less during his races later -- if that's the case, I know it'll be worth it in the end.

Did I mention I'm on spring break? YAY! Monday I leave for Vegas with two of my college friends. We are having a girls week so it should be fun. I'm anxious to see how Chris likes being left alone for once. I will miss him and Turbo and riding my bike, but I'm sure the time will go quickly and I'll be back to the real world of fixing resumes and finding jobs. Needless to say, I will try my best to enjoy every moment of my vacation and focus on relaxing before my first time trial of the series starting when I get back. We also have a "consultation" with the baby doctor on the 10th for a pre-prego meeting. I hope it's fun and not too scary.

Thanks to everyone for the nice happy birthday wishes. It was a great day, I have the best husband, family, friends, and students in the world. I never would've dreamed I'd be so happy at 25. Pictures to come eventually :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marni,
The "scary" part is after they get here.
:-)
Enjoy your trip!
Love,
TMom