Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Come be stupid with me.

"It is the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yesterday I posted my favorite "accidentally awesome" pictures. As I continue sifting through the many pictures of 2007, I have decided to post my favorite group pictures. Enjoy!

Spring break 2007 -- woooo! Vegas with Karen and Shaina. Good friends, good times, good drinks by the pool.
Girls mountain bike ride at Colorado Hills with Michelle and Melissa. It was fun to spend time with the girls on the bike without any man-pressure. We need to do it more often in 2008.
Riding back from the flooded time trial at Cherry Creek, Chris managed to snap a great group shot. It was fun to warm-up, race, and (most importantly) eat with the crew every Wednesday in the spring. These weekly races got me through a really rough end to the 06-07 school year.
Once the time trials ended, we started up the Wednesday mountain bike rides with great regularity. One of these days the sun will stay out, the weather will warm up, and we'll be back to our usual shenanigans.
One of my favorite weekends of '07 included a spur of the moment trip up from Colorado Springs from my sister, niece, and nephew. I wish we lived closer together and could do this sort of thing more often.
The flatlanders conquer Mt. Sherman! Chris and I loved hiking with his sister and mom and we couldn't be more proud of their accomplishment. Chris grew up with an awesome family and I feel so privileged to be a part of it.
Toast to more group adventures in 2008!

p.s. I have to mention that I just turned over 700 miles on my road bike computer today. I'm back to riding on a regular basis and am trying to find some biking goals for '08 to work toward.

p.p.s. Today a kid told me I look like Santa's mom. Hmmm...

No comments: