Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Lame-o

Today I was supposed to be riding another *epic* (ok, epic for me, not for most) Sunday afternoon ride with hubby and Mr. Nice.  Two weeks ago I rode an easy 55 miles and loved every second of it.  I couldn't wait for this Sunday when we'd repeat the ride.  Dave decided to change the route for this week which included some possible trail riding, so I wussed out.  With many inches of snow still on the ground, I probably could've been convinced to ride the bike path, but trails and snow on my non-pugs-mountain-bike still intimidate me a bit.  Chris tried to talk me into it, telling me it was mostly road riding and any trails that got included could be bypassed on road, but I'm still so new to this super-multi-hour riding thing, that I couldn't muster up the courage.  

Yep, I'm officially lame.

Oh well.  I woke up with a bit of a sniffle -- with the flu and strep still running rampant around my classroom, it's probably best that I rest anyway.  One more week until Christmas break, and if I end up sick like I have the last two years, I'm not going to be very happy.

So instead of out riding, I am vacuuming up tree needles and dog fur, defrosting a chicken to roast later, and doing laundry.  

I know, I know, sounds awesome.

p.s. I can't wait to give a certain someone his Christmas present (presents?).  


2 comments:

FixieDave said...

You are far from lame!

Missed having you along! Chris and Shwan were way fast today,,,

ryan young said...

Wow! That is quite thoughtfull of you, but not neccisary.