Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Lucky One

I don't think I mention enough about how I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Not only is my husband awesome at biking, but he is also the greatest husband around.

And it's true everyday.

Not just on Valentine's Day.

He makes me smile and laugh an uncountable number of times everyday.

I worried, growing up, that I would never be able to find a husband who could ever live up to the high standards that I had. I was lucky enough to grow up with the most thoughtful and generous dad in the entire world. For as long as I can remember, I would wake up on Valentine's Day to find a card or present or candy waiting for me in the bathroom or outside my door. Dad has always had a way of doing that little something extra (i.e. cutting my hotdogs into little pacmans with cheese; leaving a note in my lunch bag, etc). How could anyone else ever live up to that?

Somehow Chris has managed to do just that. He never seizes to amaze me with his thoughtfulness and sweetness. Since today is Valentine's Day I get even more special treatment than ever. I woke up to a nice backrub instead of an annoying alarm, then pancakes with chocolate chip hearts and omelets, and now I just came home to beautiful roses, a glass of wine, and deluxe dinner and my favorite dessert.

Sometimes it's great to be a girl.

I love you Christopher.

p.s. Super big thank you to TMom for the Fannie May fudge!!!! I know where Chris gets his supreme thoughtfulness.

No comments: