Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sing out loud

Sunday was a sing-out-loud day on the bike.  

Literally.

One runner actually told me: "Nice singing, how refreshing to see someone actually enjoying themselves."

Ha.  

That was and will probably be the only time I've been complemented on my singing.

While the boys rode their March road century, Rhonda The Singlespeed and I hit up some much needed singletrack around Marshal Mesa (as well as the roads that lead there).
Another wicked headwind nearly had me turned back at the neighborhood exit, but I pushed through it, determined to get to some sort of dirt.  Getting to the Coalton Trailhead was way more work than necessary, even requiring me to attempt to pedal DOWN the Wall.  

Once to Coalton, the views of the flatirons, Longs, and even Pikes way down south made the effort all worth it.
I rode Coalton, where most of the singing happened.  It finally felt good to be out and there was a great tune playing in my ear... what else is a girl supposed to do?  

Soon I got to the actual Marshal Mesa trails, Community Ditch trail, and Cowdrey Draw trail. Lots of pedaling, giggling, and whooping here!  
Finally I stopped for the first time to catch a bit of a snack.  Trucky the Ducky likes king sized snickers!
Before I knew it, I was on the road home.  

3 hours and 30ish miles later, I was back at home.  The rest of the night and the next day found me feeling pretty terrible, making me come to the conclusion that my mind and heart are, actually, in much better shape than my body.  I felt pretty lame for feeling so sore and icky after, but considering I rode a hard 3 hours on the single speed with only one two-minute break for a half a snickers, I guess I deserved it.  

And the post ride glass of wine didn't hurt :)  



2 comments:

F.W. Adams said...

Found your blog via a bit of random surfing. Sounds like a great day and I imagine I'd hurt no matter how good of shape I was in after such a day, so good on ya!

Peace!

P.S. That Snickers shot is making me hungry!

Becky said...

I'm so impressed! Again, I'm living vicariously through your rides! :)