Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Happy Feet!

Friday night we went and saw Happy Feet. So cute! I've officially decided that I now want a pet penguin...








Open Letter to the lady at the Happy Feet movie on Friday night:

You look like a very nice lady. I'm happy that you were out taking your three teenage daughters to a movie. It's nice that they consider you cool enough to go to a movie with on a Friday night; however, I have a bone to pick with you...

Happy Feet is a PG movie and we went to the 9:30 showing. Needless to say, by the time you came in around 9:00, the theater was virtually empty. My husband and I had choosen some seats in the front half of the theater because he's gimpy and can't walk up and down stairs so good at the moment. The theater must have a capacity of 300 people or so. There must have been roughly 30 people in the theater at the time that you and your three lovely daughters got there.

All sounds great, right?

Here's my beef: Chris and I were enjoying our smuggled outside food when you decided to come sit RIGHT next to me. Not one seat away like any normal human being with a sense of personal space would, but instead, right next to me. You cozied up, stole the arm rest, and decided this was your place in the theater. Wait. I'm confused... with 250 seats open (and this is being conservative) you had to sit right next to me. What was the deal? Chris and I found it hillarious because everytime we go to the movies, someone decides to sit very close to us or right in front of us, despite the numerous other empty seats in the theater.

I understand that if the movies are packed, it's ok and totally necessary to sit directly next to someone. In that case, I welcome you to sit next to me. I'm a fairly passive person and will even allow you to hog our shared arm rest. I won't elbow you in the head until you pass out and then take your tasty $5 M&Ms while stealing the arm rest back -- I understand the dangers in the world, I am a good person to sit next to. I'm pretty decent looking, I don't usually smell bad when I go to the movies, I'm skinny and don't spill over into your seat. I'm cool. I understand. I appreciate your kindness -- however, if there are 250 seats in a theater, you don't sit right next to someone. Leave that one seat for personal space. Please. I'm sorry if I was rude when Chris and I slyly scoot over a seat as the theater got dark -- you just creeped me out.

Next time you go to movie, please just assume the person you are going to sit RIGHT next to is going to smell or fart or snore or do something else annoying. Give yourself and the other person a break and make some room.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Why do they always sit *right* next to us with the entire row on both sides and front and back empty?!? It's got to be to annoy me I think. :)

FixieDave said...

I'll have to remember not to sit next to you ;)