Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"You work at a smile and you go for a ride"





I've been riding my cool new bike almost every night, chasing the sunset and trying to squeeze every last moment out of the light. Chris and I have been riding over to the dirt trail right by our house (we picked the best place to live) and just practicing basic mountain biking skills. I love getting to do the same stupid bump over and over and over again because I actually feel successful and feel like I am making some progress. It's a nice way to burn off a little steam at the end of the day, while at the same time spending time with the best husband in the world and getting to ride your favorite bike in the world. Here are some pics from our ride the other night (with Chris taking a few moments out of trucking along on "Fatty Plugsko" to take a few pics)

Off to the knitting store (Shuttles Spindles and Skeins in Boulder -- the best knitting shop EVER) to get some longer size 8 needles for my baby sweater. I finished the back and now am going to be working on the two front sides and then the sleeves and then the hood. We'll see how it all comes together. It's cute and teeny tiny (for 3-6 month old), and I'm super excited to put it in my stash for a future baby. The stash is growing and now we just need a baby to put in the cute knit-wear :) I hope that this time next year I'll have a good excuse to eat even more Turkey at Thanksgiving. Yum, turkey...

3 comments:

Todd Plesko said...

marni

Next Thanksgiving? Oh my goodness.

Todd

Becky said...

Great pictures...Ryan and I just have one question...Are Chris and your bikes in the kitchen?

Marni said...

Of course they're in the kitchen :) Actually, three are in the dining room at the moment, with one on the stand in the kitchen with various other random parts strewn around the rest of the kitchen. We are awfully cool, aren't we?