Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's a hard-knock life...

I had another interview today.

It was one interview for three separate jobs -- two first grades and a third grade. This interview was actually fun, I seemed to mesh well with the principal and vice principal, and the school seemed to be what I'm looking for. I have a good feeling about this one, but I'll need to wait until tomorrow or Thursday to find out more.

I still haven't heard back from the first job yet. They seem to be taking their sweet time.

At 3:00 I have an appeal hearing for my unemployment claim. I basically need to prove that I resigned because I was being forced out. According to their rules, I should get the benefits; however, knowing that the world is the way that it is, I'm not counting on seeing a penny. At least it has been an interesting experience.

Tonight our family drafts our picks for the Berry family Fantasy Football league. I am totally going to win. The family is going down. I know absolutely nothing about the players and I have a feeling I'll be choosing based on how cute their names are. Sad but true. If the players weren't around in the late 90s, I won't know who they are. If you have any suggestions, let me know before 4:00 tonight.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with some friends from my old school. I'm excited to see them.

I want a job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay calm!
It will happen soon.
Good luck with the job and the draft.
TMOM

ryan young said...

You drafted for football in July. That's like buying christmas stuff right after Hallowwen. Why do you guys draft so early.

Marni said...

Well, when trying to coordinate 10 different family members, I think this is just when it happened to work out. Plus, most of us don't know much anyway so another month or two wouldn't have made any difference on choices. It was fun!