Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Jones' and the Pleskos visit the Butterfly Pavilion

Here are some pictures from our fun weekend adventure to the Butterfly Pavilion with my husband, sister, niece, and nephew.

Trevor being VERY brave and holding Rosie the Tarantula. On the way to the Pavilion, he would always answer a resounding "NO" when asked if he would hold it. He was the first to run up and sit down and ask to hold it.

Kylie also being quite brave, although there wasn't much doubt that she'd hold Rosie. Those about to enter middle school are ALWAYS brave! Duh!

I'm also quite cool myself.

"Marni, can we get one? PLEEEEEEASE?"

Colleen was way too wussy to hold Rosie, but Trevor sympathetically gave her his "I held Rosie" sticker for the picture. Kylie, not so sympathetic, is trying to point out that her mommy is a fraud.

Probably my three favorite people in the world... with some really icky insects all around them.

I love my D70 SLR but our little Canon PowerShot takes some pretty darn good pictures too.

La familia

Kylie digging out and eating a worm. I told you middle schoolers were brave!


Trevor doing the same. Here in Colorado, we grow a neon variety of worms for the children to eat. Mmm, delicious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - these pix bring back memories of a certain field trip - and a teacher who wasn't nearly as brave about holding Rosie! Glad her teammate is better at it than her! :)

Chris said...

That was lots of fun :) Thanks for bringing me along.

FixieDave said...

Cool I had a spider for four years!

They are fun to watch and molt ect...


Cool trip! I love the butterfly pavalons!