Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Monday, May 14, 2007

Somewhere between a cry and a laugh

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.

Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)


Hmmm...

I was in a bad mood today for many reasons. That is, until I got a letter that went a little something like this:

"The board of education has approved your resignation as Kindergarten teacher from ******** middle school. Signed, ******* Assistant Superintendant". Haha. Wow, I didn't know you could teach kindergarten in middle school. Proofread much?

Ah, the small things that get me through the day lately.

Here's a good picture from the time trial series that Erik took:


Since this picture I have finally received my new fast forward seat post! This was order #2 since UPS seemingly delivered the first one to a mysterious "female customer" who they insist lives at our house. Maybe Chris has something he needs to tell me...

Chris is on a bike ride with a friend tonight, so guess what that means for me?

Mucho Jelly Bellies and... drum roll please... NAP!

I love naps.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I love that picture. One of the first pictures of you on a bike having given it your all and achieved even more than your goal. Great job!

Becky said...

Way to go Marni! AWESOME picture, it's my new computer background. I'm super impressed with how well you're doing, and I'm glad that you have a good way to burn off your stress.