Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Thursday, May 17, 2007

no creative title today

I have some extra energy/anger/stress/adrenaline to burn off so this could either be short followed by a ride, walk, or even possible a *gasp* run or this could relieve my tension and then I'll follow up the blog-making by nap-taking.

Today I sucked up all of my pride and bitterness and attended an internal job fair in my school district (now lovingly nicknamed the internal jobless fair). It was a class reunion of sorts for those of us that attended induction two long years ago. The atmosphere was weird. A bunch of people who have been kicked to the curb trying to pretend to be optimistic and happy meeting a bunch of principals who obviously thought the whole thing was stupid. We counted 11 people from our school there. Needless to say, our principal was one of the few who didn't show up. Surprise? Not really. If I were her, I wouldn't show my face there either. The responses from principals were clearly canned "I don't currently have any openings but check online in June and we'll keep you in mind" -- blah blah blah. Despite the retardedness of it all, I still became a nervous blumbling idiot and felt retarded the whole time. But oh well. Always worth keeping options open I guess. I felt like I was in a herd of pigs awaiting slotter with some stinky farmer checking us out to see who had gotten the fatest over the winter. It was nice to see people I hadn't seen in a while. One guy's wife is due with their first baby in 3 weeks -- poor guy seemed just a little worried about finding another P.E position. I feel bad for him.

Time trial last night went pretty well. I was only 10 seconds off my time from last week earning me a 15th place. Last week I finished and felt so energized. This week I finished and just felt like crap. Major headache set in the moment I stepped off the bike and now today the right side of my head/throat are not feeling good. I'm pleased with my time but for some reason not as pleased as last week. I feel good about what I've accomplished but I'm tired.

Mmmmm, nap?

Off to Fruita and Moab this weekend to cheer on hubby. I think he's going to do awesome and I wish him the best. GO PLESKO!

2 comments:

Todd Plesko said...

Why did they have a job fair in your current district if everyone just got laid off? If they had jobs, wouldn't they have contacted you before the layoff?

Or are they hedging their bets incase some people who are currently employed by the district leave their position?

Congratulations on your time trial work. I'm doing the "Strawberry Festival on Sunday". The only reason to hurry (or race) in this event it to get a better place in line for the strawberry shortcake.

Drive carefully to the KTR and look out for my big boy.

Todd

Anonymous said...

absolutely, go plesko. i know how you feel and stuff, the job fair etc, but i thought it was funny when you were describing that. See I know some people, I know some who are idiots, but Marni is far from idiot.