Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Friday, May 25, 2007

Let the hurricane set in motion...

School is now over.

I have to go back Tuesday to check out and after that I'm finished.

Bittersweet.

I held up ok, only cried when a parent came up and said in her very limited english "I'm so sorry... best luck... I'm so sorry". Oh yeah, and when one of my kindergarteners ran back after he was about to leave and said "thank you for teaching me how to read" and gave me a huge hug and left. I will miss those little guys so much. Especially the two that I've had for two years now.

Now time to attempt to relax after THE stress. At this point it's hard to remember what it's like to not be stressed out. I need to take more random bike rides with hubby, that reminds me how to feel good and relax.

Note to self for the day: Don't lift things. Ouch.

p.s: got to hold a really cute 8 day old baby girl on Wednesday night at a retirement bbq -- baby fever is at an all time high.

p.p.s: sad that the final time trial got cancelled this week but because it did I got to hold above mentioned baby. Score.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Those kids will always remember you and that's what's really important. You are a great teacher.

Soon summer will be over so enjoy it before you have your new class in the Fall :)

ryan young said...

Those are the moments you can't replace and make the job worth it.



p.s. Are you having a kid?