Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Monday, April 23, 2007

Fighting the plague with a bike

For the record: yesterday was the worst bike ride ever. Ever. The idea of it was great, the execution not so much.

We joined our regular group for a beautiful ride at Lair 'O The Bear in Morrison. All was great, I was happy to see Michelle out on a group ride (great job Michelle!) and it was nice to see Erik, Bill, Mike, and Jeanie too. I liked wearing my cute new biking clothes and it was fun to ride Bluebie with her cool new squeeky bunny. The weather was perfect.

Too bad about a 1/4 mile into the ride I felt like puking. And I felt like that the rest of the ride. I would stop every few hundred feet in an attempt to keep my breakfast where it belongs. I've officially never felt that bad on a ride before. Quite a day to make it the first time I've ridden to the end and back -- I usually turn around early. I figured if I kept going maybe I'd finally puke and feel better. No such luck. I just felt terrible the whole time. We finally made it back to the car 3 hours later and I was hungry and ready to eat something. Chris drove us down to Morrison where we were going to meet the gang for lunch and by the time we made it there, he felt terrible too. We bailed on lunch and I drove us home -- Chris agonizing in the seat next to me with what seemed like a Migrane and me driving trying not to puke. We were quite a couple! Around 4, we barely made it home and dropped into bed and that's where we stayed until this morning. I'm on the couch instead of work, still nauseous but at least not riding my bike, and Chris mustered up the energy to make it to work. Both of us look like we've seen better days.

This is officially the first time the two of us have been sick together. It sure wasn't pretty but we survived. The family that pukes together stays together... hmmm?

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sorry you still feel so crappy :(

FixieDave said...

Feel better P posse!