Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Oh my...

Chris and I both thought that the end of the race would mean the end of his physically and emotionally challenging weekend, but no...

The plane for his first flight was late, causing him to miss his connecting flight out of Chicago back to Denver. He's currently sitting in a United terminal hoping to make a full 10-something flight and if he doesn't make that, I guess he'll have to find a comfortable hotel room to sleep in for the night.

Poor guy.

I wish so badly that I could just beam him home, he seems so exhausted and now stressed as well. I even have a delicious pot roast dinner all ready for him that I guess I'll have to pack up for tomorrow. The good news is that if he doesn't make it in until tomorrow, he has a great excuse not to go to work so I've put in for a sub for tomorrow so I can stay home and take care of him. I wish he was here but what can we do. Stinking airlines.

Edit: He couldn't get on any flights for tonight. His plan is to sleep in the airport and hop on a 8:55 flight in the morning. He's currently wandering aimlessly around the airport looking for any source of food. He sounds absolutely at the edge of all sanity. I wish I could send some potroast and pumpkin cookies his way. They are smelling up my house right now and if he can't eat them I won't eat them. We'll have a feast tomorrow. Together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing that he did not try to RIDE home from Chicago, but that might be just because he didnt have his bike. Hope he gets home safe