Words to live by...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

"A good wife is her husband's biggest fan -- no matter how crazy he is." ~Me


"May God give you.. For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer." ~ Irish Blessing

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Miss the boy



Talked to Chris at 2:20 am my time as he got ready to ride over to the start line. He seemed excited and nervous. Typical pre-race Chris.

Laying here for the last 8 hours knowing that Chris has been racing and I can't see him has to be one of the weirdest feelings I've had in a while. If I were a more spontaneous person I'd pack Turbo into the car and drive up to Decorah for the finish. That's how much I wish I was at least closer. I know I wouldn't be able to see him or help him in any way (stupid self supported concept), but I don't like the feeling that I get from being so far away. Who thought I'd ever WISH I was in Iowa? This is a foreign concept... brain doesn't know how to compute...

Guitar Ted has done a great job posting updates on the race (although I wish I could have a personalized report about the people I care about -- that'd be sweeeeeeeet). Looks like they are having spectacular weather.

www.ride424.com/races

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marni,
I've been thinking about him all day. The audio updates have been awesome. We may know who's in and who's out on the next update. I know Chris will hang in as long as he can. GO CHRIS!!!!
Love,
TMom